Lymphatic Cancer Awareness Week 12 – 18 September 2016
There are around 125,000 people in the UK living with lymphatic cancer and – as the only UK charity dedicated to supporting people with lymphoma, their relatives and carers – we need your help in making sure they know they can come to us for specialist information and support.
This year for LCAW we are launching our ‘What’s your type?’ campaign, to raise awareness of how complex lymphoma is.
Any cancer diagnosis is difficult. But how much more difficult is it when it comes in over 60 different forms or subtypes each with their varying presentations, diagnoses and complex treatment options?
For many, it can be an extremely hard and confusing disease to understand and cope with. With your help, we can make sure we are there for everyone who needs us, whatever their subtype or stage of diagnosis.
We are lymphoma specialists. We can help people understand and we can help them cope.
Here is what you can do to make a difference:
- Order your LCAW awareness pack now and you will receive a range of posters and resources that can be used to raise the profile of lymphoma in your local community, including our new ‘What’s your type?’ cards that help patients record information about their specific type of lymphoma.
- Write to your MP or sign our online petition, which will be launching from 12 September. We’re calling on NHS England to carry out a lymphoma clinical audit, to properly monitor and evaluate the way that national data about people diagnosed with lymphoma is collected. We want to ensure that reporting methods used across the UK are consistent, so that clinicians and patient organisations like us can properly understand and address issues around diagnosis, treatments and outcomes for all types of lymphoma.
- Our ‘What’s your type?’ survey will be launching during LCAW to help us understand your experience of lymphoma and improve our information and support services. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up-to-date.
- Take part in our Great Purple Collection by volunteering to hold a bucket collection in your local community.
- Tell your friends, family and colleagues why you are supporting LCAW on social media, using the hashtag #LymphomaAware