Lymphatic Cancer Awareness Week will take place from 15-21 September 2014 and we're going to use the chance to make some noise and raise awareness of lymphoma. There are so many ways you can get involved with Lymphatic Cancer Awareness Week too, including:
Turn Britain Purple by ordering your free Lymphatic Cancer Awareness Week pack
Pre-order your pack today to help raise awareness of lymphoma and it's most common symptoms by displaying the materials in your workplace, school or local doctor's surgery. When you order your pack, we'll add a purple pin to our map of Britain to show where in the country you're raising awareness of lymphoma.
Telling people online
During Lymphatic Cancer Awareness Week, post a status update on Facebook or tweet about lymphoma. We'll be putting up some suggested posts throughout the week which you can share to help raise awareness of lymphoma among your friends.
If you write a blog, why not blog about Lymphatic Cancer Awareness Week? Email email@example.com for some ideas and we'll try to include an extract of your blog on our website.
Writing to your local paper
Tell your story in your local newspaper or radio station and encourage readers and listeners to support the Lymphoma Association. If you'd like to share your story with your local media, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as we've got lots of useful tips to help you.
You can also share your story on the Lymphoma Association website to help others affected by lymphoma.
Wearing a Lymphoma Association t-shirt or periwinkle pin badge
Order branded Lymphoma Association merchandise and wear it during Lymphatic Cancer Awareness Week to help raise awareness of lymphoma.
You can also sell our merchanidse on a sale-or-return basis by emailing email@example.com.
Organising or taking part in a fundraising event
Organising a fundraising event is another easy and fun way of raising awareness of lymphoma and the Lymphoma Association’s free information and support. You could organise:
- A Great British Tea Break with your family and friends by inviting them to make a donation in return for tea and cakes
- A Pitch up in Purple day in your office by asking colleagues to come to work dressed in purple and make a donation
- Take part in a tandem skydive near you and raise money for the Lymphoma Association
- Collect loose change using our free donation boxes. By leaving the box on your desk at work or in the hallway at home, it can easily be seen by colleagues and visitors.
If you arrange a fundraising or awareness event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for tips and ideas. We'll add another purple pin to our map too, showing that an event is taking place near you to help Turn Britain Purple to raise awareness of lymphoma.
Please fill out the form below and we will send you a free awareness pack in the post in August
The pack will contain:
- Tips and ideas for raising awareness of lymphoma during Lymphatic Cancer Awareness Week
- Fundraising ideas (such as Pitch up in Purple, Great British Tea Breaks and Skydives)
- Optional extra posters to display in your local hospital ward, raising awareness of our free support for patients*.