Patients and carers affected by lymphoma told us that they wanted more support during watch and wait or after treatment. They raised concerns around finding the ‘new normal’ and feelings of isolation. To meet this need, we have developed a programme, funded by the Big Lottery Fund, of free support, events and activities for people with a lymphoma diagnosis and their family, carers or friends. Our Live your Life programme includes:
- Live your life workshops - one day interactive workshops for people affected by lymphoma. These workshops help you to take control of how you decide to live with and beyond lymphoma, either towards the end of treatment or on watch and wait.
- Young People’s Live your Life workshops - one day interactive workshops specifically for young people aged 18-30, covering Live your Life topics and also a session on studying and working after a cancer diagnosis.
- Live your Life health and wellbeing regional conferences - include talks from experts and the chance to meet other people affected by lymphoma in a friendly and supportive environment.
Our Live your Life programme aims to:
- equip people to take control of how they decide to live with and beyond lymphoma
- help people find ways of dealing with the physical challenges – finishing treatment and the after effects
- address the emotional aspects of living with this form of cancer
- provide information and support on how to live a healthy, active lifestyle while treatment or on watch and wait
- make sure people know where to go to get further help and support.
In 2016 we received a grant of £318,000 from the Big Lottery Fund to roll out our ‘Live your Life – living with and beyond lymphoma’ programme.
We have also received additional funding to run this project in the devolved nations.